The TeleTube DLNA plugin allows playing YouTube videos directly on TVs with
(as opposed to the regular TeleTube extension which requires an additional media center
Note that it's still an early test version that requires some polish.
- a DLNA TV connected to your home network.
- the Opera Browser on your PC.
1. Install the extension itself
Open this link in Opera: TeleTube DLNA.
Opera will ask whether you really want to install extensions from this website, choose Yes.
2. Install TeleTube Proxy
Download and install TeleTube Proxy, a small support application for the extension.
3. Select your TV
Turn on your TV and click the extension's icon in the top-right corner of Opera. All DLNA devices capable of playback on your local network will be listed, choose the one on which you want to play videos.
Play some videos
Go to YouTube, open a video and click "Play to TV".
Finally, send me some feedback
As mentioned above, this is an early version of the extension. Please send me your feedback, it will be very valuable:
- the TV models the extension works with,
- the TV models the extension doesn't work with,
- any other problems,
- or just let me know that it works fine and you find it useful :)